Located on the corner of Ashley Road and Hale Road is the Ashley Road West plot designed by award-winning architect Pollard Thomas Edwards. The building is proposed to be a key visual marker when arriving from the station and will have:
- Space for retail at the ground floor of the building and a public courtyard within its centre
- 82 market and affordable homes containing a mix of one, two and three bedrooms
- A sensitive design with a taller point fronting Hale Road and lower ‘shoulders’ to respond to the neighbouring buildings
- A servicing route off Ashley Road to prevent congestion
On the other side of Ashley Road is Ashley Road East,designed by Stirling Prize winning firm Allison Brooks Architects. The plot is one of the most difficult to develop in the District Centre as tunnels for the London underground run underneath.
The building steps back to the north to compliment the new ADA digital skills college (opening in 2019) and to create an additional public space. It will have:
- New spaces for shops and leisure to support the new college and help bring the new public space facing it to life
- A total of 175 studio, one, two and three bed market homes
- A first-floor podium garden for residents, creating a connection with the public realm
About Argent Related
In April 2017 Argent Related and Haringey Council signed a Strategic Development Partnership (SDP) to regenerate the heart of Tottenham Hale.
Find out more about Argent Related’s plans