The ‘Island’ sites are bounded by Watermead Way to the north, Ferry Lane to the south, The Hale to the west and Tottenham Hale station to the east.
This piece of land is the key gateway from the bus and train stations to the centre of Tottenham Hale, but pedestrians currently have to contend with the imposing roads and there is no easy pedestrian link. The area needs to be developed with a sensible but creative vision to deliver the high-quality new public spaces, shops, homes and restaurants a vibrant neighbourhood needs.
Argent Related is proposing three new buildings on the Island sites, which will include the following:
- Over 600 new homes – including a mix of market and rental apartments
- A new open space at the heart of Tottenham Hale
- Space on the ground floors for new restaurants, cafes
and shops. These will face onto the new public spaces
- To encourage cycling there will be over 800 on-site cycle bays
- A new pedestrian-friendly, east-west connection which improves the links with Tottenham Hale station, away from busy roads
The Island buildings
The three new buildings on the ‘Island’ sites include a landmark building of 37 storeys nearest to the bus station. The heights of the buildings will then step down to 19 storeys and seven storeys to respond to the residential neighbourhoods in the west of Tottenham Hale.
Designed by Stirling Prize-winning architects AHMM the buildings will be of the highest quality and consist of the following:
- Building One: c.375 new homes with ground floor commercial space for cafes, restaurants or shops. The design also includes a new internal street to create a direct pedestrian route into Ferry Square from the bus and train station.
- Building Two: c.110 new homes and ground floor commercial space with flexible use for cafes, restaurants and shops
- Building Three: c.130 new homes – all shared ownership units. With ground floor commercial space with flexible use for cafes, restaurants and shops facing onto Station Road and The Hale.
The main servicing route for the Island buildings will be via station road to ensure the new square prioritises pedestrians and cyclists. Rooftop terraces and gardens will also increase the biodiversity and greenery across the developments.
About Argent Related
In April 2017 Argent Related and Haringey Council signed a Strategic Development Partnership (SDP) to regenerate the heart of Tottenham Hale.
Find out more about Argent Related’s plans
Argent Related’s second public exhibition took place on Thursday 1 February and Saturday 3 February 2018. Download the exhibition information here.
Argent Related held a pop-up consultation event outside Tottenham Hale Station on Thursday 15 March and Saturday 17 March 2018. Please download the exhibition information here.
To receive more information, please email your contact information to TottenhamHale@londoncommunications.co.uk.