The ‘Island’ sites are bounded by Watermead Way to the north, Ferry Lane to the south, The Hale to the west and Tottenham Hale station to the east.
This piece of land is the key gateway from the bus and train stations to the centre of Tottenham Hale, but pedestrians currently have to contend with the imposing roads and there is no easy pedestrian link. The area needs to be developed with a sensible but creative vision to deliver the high-quality new public spaces, shops, homes and restaurants a vibrant neighbourhood needs.
Argent Related is proposing three new buildings on the Island sites, which will include the following:
- Around 600 new homes – including a mix of market and rental apartments with approximately 115 delivered for shared ownership sale
- A new open space at the heart of Tottenham Hale
- Space on the ground floors for new restaurants, cafes
and shops. These will face onto the new public spaces
- To encourage cycling there will be over 850 on-site cycle bays for residents and 15 additional publicly-accessible cycle parking bays for visitors
- A new pedestrian-friendly, east-west connection which improves the links with Tottenham Hale station, away from busy roads
The Island buildings
The three new buildings on the ‘Island’ sites include a landmark building of 37 storeys nearest to the bus station. The heights of the buildings will then step down to 19 storeys and seven storeys to respond to the residential neighbourhoods in the west of Tottenham Hale.
Designed by Stirling Prize winning architects AHMM the buildings will be of the highest quality and consist of the following:
- Building One: c.375 new homes and approximately 5,000 square foot of ground floor commercial space for cafes, restaurants or shops. The design also includes a new internal street to create a direct pedestrian route into Ferry Square from the bus and train station.
- Building Two: c.110 new homes and approximately 6,000 square foot of ground floor commercial space with flexible use for cafes, restaurants and shops
- Building Three: c.115 new homes – all shared ownership units. Approximately 3,000 square foot of ground floor commercial space with flexible use for cafes, restaurants and shops.
The main servicing route for the Island buildings will be via station road to ensure the new square prioritises pedestrians and cyclists. Rooftop terraces and gardens will also increase the biodiversity and greenery across the developments.
About Argent Related
In April 2017 Argent Related and Haringey Council signed a Strategic Development Partnership (SDP) to regenerate the heart of Tottenham Hale.
Find out more about Argent Related’s plans