As part of its work in Tottenham Hale, Argent Related has undertaken to design and deliver a realigned bus station. This is an essential first step in developing the centre of Tottenham Hale. Argent Related will submit a planning application for these changes before the end of 2017.
The proposed infrastructure layout designs will:
- Allow buses to exit and enter from the north and south, creating a more direct route and thereby reducing bus journey times
- Make the bus station less of a barrier to pedestrian and cyclist movement in Tottenham Hale
- Relieve a major congestion point by widening Watermead Way eastbound to two lanes
- Allow the creation of a more attractive and welcoming space for those coming from the station, keeping the existing structure and canopies.
We envisage the works to take between 9-12 months. Buses will continue to operate as usual throughout the works.
As well as upgrades to the bus station, other proposed transport improvements could include, in the future:
- The provision of a shared cycle and pedestrian surface along The Hale to provide a safer environment for cycle traffic
- Repositioning Station Road to ease traffic flow and provide a one-way north-bound link through the site
- Improving pedestrian and cycle access by delivering an additional crossing point on Watermead Way (next to the Stratford college site).